Health and Safety Information for Agganis Arena Events
We are committed to the health and safety of our guests and staff. COVID-19 is still very much a risk, and over the past months, we have taken many steps to create as safe an environment as possible for all who enter, including enhancements to HVAC air filtration, technology upgrades for mobile ticketing, and the procurement of over 100 hand sanitizing stations to name a few. But we also need your help and ask our guests to recognize that safety is a team effort, and there are many ways in which you can help ensure everyone has the best and safest experience possible at Agganis Arena!
Agganis Arena COVID-19 Event Policy (Effective Monday, March 7, 2022)
Boston University has announced an update to its COVID-19 policy in regards to ticketed indoor events hosted by the Department of Athletics and Agganis Arena beginning Monday March 7, 2022. The COVID-19 Event Policy applies to all Agganis Arena ticketed events open to the general public & BU community.
- Agganis Arena has ended the requirement for proof of vaccination and booster effective February 26, 2022, though not required, vaccination is strongly encouraged.
- Agganis Arena has ended the mask mandate effective March 7, 2022. Guests are no longer required to wear masks inside Agganis Arena, though mask-wearing remains optional for guests.
- Agganis Arena COVID-19 policies will continue to be reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis. Some events, seating locations and experiences may require additional health and safety guidelines other than those noted above as required by promoters or touring artists. Please review the event calendar and listings for more information about specific event requirements.
- Ticketholders who do not wish to comply with the COVID-19 Event Policy may have the ability to transfer, donate or resell tickets through Account Manager or Ticketmaster. Agganis Arena will not refund tickets to ticketholders for any events.
For all Agganis Arena ticketed events open to the general public & BU community*
Stay Home If You're Sick
All fans should stay home if they:
- Are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms (such as sore throat, fever or chills, cough, congestions, trouble breathing/shortness of breath, fatigue, severe muscle aches, new loss of taste or smell)
- Have been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or exhibiting symptoms within the past 10 days
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days or directed to self-isolate or quarantine by a health care provider or public health official
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
Wash Your Hands and Sanitize When Possible
Cleaning hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is one of the most important steps you can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to those around you. Always wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using the restroom, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, before and after eating food, after caring for someone who is sick, and after touching garbage. All restrooms at Agganis Arena are equipped with numerous washing stations, and there are over 100 hand sanitizer stations located throughout the building.
Ditch the Paper, We're Going Mobile
Agganis Arena is going completely mobile for all event ticketing, so that means your phone is your ticket! Mobile ticketing is an easy, safe, convenient and contactless way to access tickets and get through the entrance and to your seat in a flash. Upon arrival to your event, locate your tickets in your Ticketmaster app or via Boston University Account Manager. You’ll show your ticket to the ticket scanner, your barcode is scanned – and you’re in!
To provide a safer environment for the public, Agganis Arena will not allow any bag that exceeds 12” x 12” x 6” into the facility. All guests are subject to search. Please allow additional time for entry and please plan accordingly.